Subaward Agreement Template
As a researcher or a grant recipient, you may have to enter into a subaward agreement with another organization to carry out a part of your project. A subaward is an agreement between the primary recipient of a grant and another organization to carry out part of the work or provide services related to the grant. It is important to have a subaward agreement template that outlines the terms and conditions of the subaward arrangement.
A subaward is different from a subcontract. A subcontractor provides goods or services to the primary recipient, whereas a subrecipient carries out a part of the project or provides services related to the project. The subrecipient has some responsibility for programmatic decision-making and is subject to the same federal regulations as the primary recipient.
When entering into a subaward agreement, it is crucial to have a template that outlines the roles and responsibilities of the subrecipient. The subaward agreement should also define the budget and the scope of the work to be carried out by the subrecipient.
A subaward agreement template should include the following:
1. Scope of work: The subaward agreement should clearly define the scope of work to be carried out by the subrecipient. This should include the specific tasks to be performed, the expected deliverables, and the timeline for completion.
2. Budget: The subaward agreement should include a budget that outlines the costs associated with the work to be carried out by the subrecipient. This should include the direct and indirect costs, as well as any cost-sharing requirements.
3. Reporting requirements: The subaward agreement should outline the reporting requirements for the subrecipient. This should include the frequency and format of the reports, as well as the content of the reports.
4. Intellectual property: The subaward agreement should define the ownership and use of any intellectual property created or used in the course of the work carried out by the subrecipient.
5. Termination: The subaward agreement should outline the circumstances under which the agreement can be terminated. This should include provisions for termination for cause and termination for convenience.
Having a subaward agreement template can save time and ensure that all parties understand the terms and conditions of the subaward arrangement. It is important to work with legal counsel to ensure that the subaward agreement complies with all federal regulations and meets the requirements of the funding agency.